Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Should I Pay For Ads Or Use SEO?


Build  your list 3x faster on Autopilot


There is plenty of debate on the topic of whether you would be better off saving money on online advertising and instead working on search engine optimization for your small business, or if it would be better to save some time and put some money into online advertising; certainly, there are merits to the arguments on either side, but if you have been trying to make this decision yourself, one of the best thing you can do is simply look at the numbers.

Twitter is one of the most popular websites on the Internet these days - and is certainly one of the places where people are most likely to spend their time - and for this reason, Twitter has become one of the most popular places to advertise; as far as the effectiveness of advertising on Twitter, however, you should realize that only about half of one percent of all clicks on Twitter come on the ads on the site!

Of course, facebook is by far another one of the most popular destinations on the Web nowadays, and facebook makes lots of money off of their advertising services; while facebook ads can be effective, however, the numbers show that the click-through rate of facebook ads is generally well under one percent - which, again, is far less than optimal!

And one of the most popular places to pay for ads these days - because it is just about the most popular destination on the Web - is Google, but while the ads on Google are effective, it would be far more effective to have used search engine optimization to get your site onto Page One of Google rankings than to have paid for an ad; on average, only about 18 percent of the clicks on Google go to the ads, while the other 82 percent go to the organic results!

It is not a bad idea to pay for ads for your small business, but you should also realize that using search engine optimization also has its merits - as even though it can take a little bit of extra time, it can also bring you much greater results!

Post a Comment